Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Who wants a News plugin?
I'm just looking to see if it is worth my while putting together a news plugin. Unlike my Ace_News plugin, this will be a totally different idea.

Basically, they way it will work is to syphon off the articles from http://www.clari.net (requires a subscription to successfully grab news). If this plugin goes ahead, the price tag will be about $100.

Features will include;

+ Categoires viewable (Top, USA, Business, International, Living, Technology, and Sport)
+ Category or Search query feature.
+ 'Top Article' feature for each category, and front page.
+ News global, which will let you show the top 4 or so news articles in a box.
+ Ability to place adverts in the category...(say every 50 lines, or whatever you define)
+ ..anything else you can suggest Smile

What does everyone think?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Who wants a News plugin? In reply to
Andy;

Another Plugin?

Sounds like a great ideaCool, but I'd much rather see you work on updating and fixing existing plugins and adding version numbers, screen shots and expanded help files to your products. When downloading your products and on your web pages, there are no version numbers or a version history.

Also, if you were to put a registration database into place, you could email present owners when there is an update. You also should announce updates on your site.

And Gossamer has a really nice forum for sale.
Maybe if you installed it as a support forum...

I'd love a News Plugin, but I since you are not updating and supporting the old plugins...
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] Who wants a News plugin? In reply to
>>>When downloading your products and on your web pages, there are no version numbers or a version history. <<<

There are version numbers Wink I'm working on a way that will let my user accounts area find out the version numbers, and place them next to the download link.

>>>And Gossamer has a really nice forum for sale.
Maybe if you installed it as a support forum... <<<

Ah...but thats $$$'s Wink I've installed YaBB at my site now. The link is;

http://www.linkssql.net/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi

Recip_Link has just been updated, and I'll be reporting these changes in just a second.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Quote:
Ah...but thats $$$'s

You seem to be selling plenty of plugins, what's $200 to a man with your wallet?

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 4, 2003, 12:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Who wants a News plugin? In reply to
I have other bills. Why pay money when you can get a freebie? Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Why have cotton when you can have silk.