Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages

Quote Reply
Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages
Hello

I am using Andy's Build Detail pages an and I have made it so that a new detail feild is used to build the detailed content and that the links.htm page knows the difference between what is an article and what is a link.

Now when I add new detail page I would like to be able to relate different catgeories and/or different individual links/detail pages.

This strikes me as being possible, but a little beyond the hacking that I do. Has such a beast been done before? Or any ideas

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [ukseo] Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages In reply to
Quote:
Now when I add new detail page I would like to be able to relate different catgeories and/or different individual links/detail pages.

Not sure what you mean?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages In reply to
Hehehe not the easiest to describe.

Attempt two:

Imagine that I have a way of building detail pages (with your plug in :)) and on that detail page I would like to add related other detail pages or categories.

So when I add a new link that is set to create a detail page I can do the same process as related categories either by a big long drop down (would allow only one) or similar to the related categories.

Then when the detail page is created, at the bottom of the text (or wherever) the related links/categories are added.

Am I getting clearer :)
Quote Reply
Re: [ukseo] Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages In reply to
So on the detailed page, you would like a list of related categories for this link?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Related Categories/Detail Pages for Individual Detail Pages In reply to
Yep, thats is and maybe links to related links also (detail pages)

Cheers
Quote Reply
Hi. You could try this for the other categories a link is in;

Code:
sub {
my $tag = shift;
my $table = $DB->table ('CatLinks','Category');
my $name = $table->select ( { LinkID => $tags->{ID} } )->fetchrow_hashref;

my $back;
while (my $hit = $name->fetchrow_hashref) {
$back .= Links::SiteHTML::display('subcategory',$hit);
}

return $back;
}

Just call it with <%global_name%>.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Cheers Andy

I must be a real dimwit. I dont follow that at all Tongue
Quote Reply
You need to add that global into LSQL, with Build > Template Globals, and then at the bottom of that page, there is space to add your own global.

Then, you need to click on "User Tempaltes", and find the detailed.html template, and put;

<%global_name%>

....in. Obviously replace "global_name" with the actual name you gave it =)

Hope thats a bit clearer.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk