Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugin for registering users on add.cgi

Quote Reply
Plugin for registering users on add.cgi
Hi, is anyone able to make a (payed) plugin for registering a user on the add page. Basically I am going to have a field called password on my add a link page and when the click submit it adds them as a registered user and changes the linkowner to their name, it will need to check whether they are already registered etc. I would also like to be able to make it required to sign in before modifing a link but not for adding a link.

I do not like the current system where they have to register first and then it doesn't even redirect them back to the add page, I wonder how many people give up on adding a site for this reason. There is a hack for links2 that does this and I find it a far better system than linkssql.
Quote Reply
Re: [garrynz] Plugin for registering users on add.cgi In reply to
>> it doesn't even redirect them back to the add page,

It should. Make sure your templates are up to date. There was a release set of templates in the 2.x series that did not redirect properly, and landed everyone on the "login" page.

If the "register" screen popped up in a new window, then closed if "successful" any click on the original screen should register the new "session" from that browser.

Most sites require an email validation of the sign up, to make sure the "spam" is not cut. By checking an email address, and perhaps limiting it to one username per email, you cut spam dramaticly.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Plugin for registering users on add.cgi In reply to
Quote:
It should. Make sure your templates are up to date

Oh it does one you have registered, I mean if you haven't already registered you have to register, then login, then add. At user.cgi?signup_form=1 it should redirect you to the add page i.e it should be something like user.cgi?signup_form=1&url=http.....(doesn't work).
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Plugin for registering users on add.cgi In reply to
Quote:
If the "register" screen popped up in a new window, then closed if "successful" any click on the original screen should register the new "session" from that browser.

Hmm thats an idea, they would need to refresh the original browser though.