Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Days Old Plugin : Unknown Tag

Quote Reply
Days Old Plugin : Unknown Tag
Just upgraded to current version of LinksSQL, but now get the following error when using Days Old plugin:

Unknown Tag : Days_Old

Okay when called via subcategory.html, but error occurs in link.html. Any ideas? Thanks.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Days Old Plugin : Unknown Tag In reply to
I'm not sure how to do this, but try reinstalling the days old plugin.

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] Days Old Plugin : Unknown Tag In reply to
Thanks Jonathan! However, that was my first initiative. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. No go. At least I got a clue as to how to fix the plugin: tag works in category.html but not link.html template. Can GT maybe jump on the bandwagon?

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
I do not know much about the plugin, but I thought of two small pointers.

- Make sure the field actually exists in your database, if the field is there I don't understand why links would not display it...
- I'm not sure how links handles this, but it could be a case issue day_old, Days_Old...

Anyway, I thought together they were both mentioning although probably not individually...

Pringles, gotta love em,

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Quote:
- Make sure the field actually exists in your database, if the field is there I don't understand why links would not display it...

Just to expand on what Jonathan said. It may be a good idea to check it manually exists in your lsql_Links.def file, as well as in the table.

Again, I'm not too sure on how this plugin works... but I'm guessing it just works everything out in real time... so it should be be a case of putting the tag on the template; and it working :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Days Old Plugin : Unknown Tag In reply to
Jonathan + Andy:

Thanks again for your feedback!

1. Tag spelt correctly and in same (correct) case in both templates - also, first thing I checked.
2. No def files or SQL tables involved for this plugin - which makes me think that maybe a global might be a better solution, and a plugin is overkill. Been awhile since I wrote a global, but this might be the better solution.

(BTW, this issue seems to apply to current release version of Links SQL)

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln