Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugin problem..file doesnt exist?

Quote Reply
Plugin problem..file doesnt exist?
This is weird. I have written a 'fun' plugin just for a mess around. I'll be releasing it on freeware once I have this last little detail sorted out. EVERYTHING except the templates being put in the 'templates' folder is working. I have just opened up Guess.tar, and seen all the files in it (see Guess.tar for yourself).

The problem I am having is when installing;

Error running installation code: Plugins::Guess (15321): Unable to extract guess_incorrect.html (Unable to find a file named: 'guess_success.html' in tar archive.) at /home/dumps/public_html/templates/admin/GT/Plugins/Manager.pm line 247.

The code is;

Code:
Error running installation code: Plugins::Guess (15321): Unable to extract guess_incorrect.html (Unable to find a file named: 'guess_success.html' in tar archive.) at /home/dumps/public_html/templates/admin/GT/Plugins/Manager.pm line 247.

This is REALLY annoying me as I'm so close to completing it!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin problem..file doesnt exist? In reply to
Instead of writing the file then reopening it and reading everything into an array to change the perl path you may want to take a look at the mylinks plugin to see how I did it in there (thanks to Alex).

I'm not sure about the other problem...maybe the tar corrupted?

....seems weird though as it opens in winzip.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 12, 2002, 10:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Plugin problem..file doesnt exist? In reply to
Yeah..I tried that...but it didn't seem to work for me Unimpressed I may try it again...

I also thought the template problem was a corrupt tar file...but even after I deleted the file, and then re-added it to the plugin, I still had the problem Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Plugin problem..file doesnt exist? In reply to
Ah..fixed. I'm gonna open a new thread for this release...thanks for the input Paul Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk