Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Plugin Updates

< BUG FIXES > < AUTO_BACKUP > < ACE_NEWS v2 > < OVERTURE_LINKS > < BACKUP SERVICES > < REAL_SPIDER >

< BUG FIXES[/url] >

There have been quite a few bug fixes recently. This is not a bad thing, as it means you guys have been helping me out loads by letting me know of any problems you find in my plugins. All known bugs are now fixed up, and can be downloaded from your accounts area.

Thumb_Images - v1.4.1 - This version has a bug fix for thumbnails not being generated when a user modifies a link via modify.cgi (with admin validation required). It also has a bug fix that will allow for characters like @ _ $ % ^ & etc to be used in the image names. Previously, if a name like this was used, it would not create the thumbnail correctly.

MyFaves - v2.0 - This is pretty much a re-write of the original plugin. It now allows the admin to define if users are allowed to save their favourites in cookie form, or in the SQL database. It still has multi-spanning pages. The templates have been cleaned up a bit, and the whole script has been optimized to run the fastest I can get it :)

DMOZ_Wizard - v1.2 - This version now has the option to decide which category the imported links can go in. Its a simple process... just use something like Computers/Internet/Games:::Online_Games. This would import the links into Online_Games from the Computers/Internet/Games category from DMOZ. There are also a few smaller bugs, such as people entering / in front of the category they wanted to import (doing this would cause the import script not to find the category in question). This has been fixed in this version.

Error_Jump_Pro - v2.2 - This version now has more advanced error checking, and also allows for you to pass the actual error code reported back to the user. This makes your site look very clever =) There is also an option to send out a HTML email to the site owner, letting them know there is a problem, and what the error code was/is.

There have also been fixes to a few of my free plugins (SearchFeed_Results, Basic_Banner, Ask_Frames, etc). These updates can be downloaded from my site too.

< AUTO_BACKUP[/url] >

[ Full Details Page ]

For full details on this plugin, please see the above URL.

This plugin will basically help you automate the backup process of your LinksSQL site. It has remote backup options, automatic configuration of the crons, email tracking (so you can see how the backup process went), and more. If you don't want to setup this plugin yourself, and also want peach of mind that your backups are being stored on a remote server, then please see my backup services.

Price: $50 < buy >

< OVERTURE_LINKS[/url] >

This plugin is not quite finished yet, but I am looking for beta testers. If you would like to incorporate Overture.com text adverts in your linksSQL directory, then please let me know. You will need an existing overture.com affiliate account (with XML feeds enabled) to be able to test this plugin. You can contact me at webmaster@linkssql.net.

The basic idea of this plugin is to allow you to put Overture.com links anywhere on your page. The main place they are normally placed, is the right hand side, down the page. An example of how it *can* look (I have not been working on making it look pretty, but remember it is template based, so you can do pretty much anything you want with it);

http://www.linkssql.net.nmsrv.com/cgi-bin/test/search.cgi?query=test

Estimated Price (free to beta testers): $40

< ACE_NEWS v2[/url] >

[ Full Details Page ]

This is a total re-write of version 1. A full list of features can be found at the above URL.

Basically, you now have the following main features;

1. Editor System

2. Ability to assign images to articles/categories

3. Category structure of articles

4. User Side Search Facility
    Editor System has basic HTML editor in it (for those who prefer a WYSIWYG)

5. ... and more (please see link below sub-section header).

Price: $50 < buy >

< REAL_SPIDER[/url] >

This plugin is not quite out yet. I should have a release version ready in a week or so. It is basically a more advanced version of my 'Spider' plugin. It allows for basic rules to be used, spider.cgi (runs via SSH/cron), and allows for auto/manual addition of these links.

Estimated Price: $50

< BACKUP SERVICES[/url] >

Don't really fancy the hassles of doing the backups yourself, and worrying about how you would restore these files in the case of a total server breakdown? Have a look at our Backup Services page, where will will do this for a modest fee. Stating from just $40 /month!
[
more info ]

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin Updates In reply to
Andy,

your plugins look great - and will take advantage of them all later. The 'real' spider plugin, will that have the features of recurring spidering with a paid subscription etc as noted on another post? Or would that be a 'WIP' - work in progress.

Thanks for all your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] Plugin Updates In reply to
>>>Or would that be a 'WIP' - work in progress.
<<<

Its a WIP ... its more just a facility to add URL's to your database faster, without as much intervention by you.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!