Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugin Issue : Expire Links

Quote Reply
Plugin Issue : Expire Links
Hi Andy,

In your plugin Expire_Links, admin can set the function where listing will be turned into free listing or removed, when specified time passes. However I was wondering, on how to:

Set this for the user/s: so that

1. Paid users will be displayed specified message upon login. (I suppose this can work with basic if/elseif where if paid show particular message)
2. Will be displayed number of days remaining in their membership. Would be better if there would be a way to display number of days only if the remaining days were 60 for example. (this would also work with if/elseif, right?)

So can expire links type of function be setup for users too?

Thanks.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Plugin Issue : Expire Links In reply to
Hi,

Doing the days difference should be simple with GT::Date:

<%set today = GT::Date::date_get()%>
Days left: <%GT::Date::date_diff($today, $ExpiryDate)%>

(not sure if those 2 values should be the other way around)

Quote:
1. Paid users will be displayed specified message upon login. (I suppose this can work with basic if/elseif where if paid show particular message)

When you say paid, are you refering to the GLinks payment system, or something else?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin Issue : Expire Links In reply to
This is what I have in mind:

1. Free Members and Paid Members.
2. Paid Members (group1, group2, group 3) : I can manually edit the profile for paid members, to set them as premium and select their group.
3. Now based on their group type, they will be able to add different number of listings:
... However, I am pretty sure, the users in this group, won't be submitting all (max number) listings at the same time.

So if expire_user setting is done for the username, then all links under that user will automatically update to free listings, regardless of when they were added, since membership is for user and not listing.

I have never really played with GLinks Payment system (also, if I am not mistaken, GLinks payment system works only for links and or categories, right?). I was considering setting up PayPal and Google Checkout, and manually edit the profile. However it user and admin reminder for expiring users, can be a huge time saver.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'm not really sure this plugin will do what you want. It is aimed at simply setting links to expire after xx days. For example, you set it to 30 days - and it then would expire the links after 30 days from the Add_Date.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Plugin Issue : Expire Links In reply to
If its not too much to ask, you think you would be able to update the existing plugin or setup something like expire_user thing? I would really appreciate it.

Thank You.

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

It would require a major rewrite Wink Afraid I don't really have time to do that :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk