Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugin Idea: Top Reviewers

Quote Reply
Plugin Idea: Top Reviewers
Heya all,

Here's something I've mentioned briefly in the past that would be useful to me. On my site, a lot of insight into a product (link) can be gained from the quality and credibility of the people who actually reviewed it. I'm looking for a way to indicate and mark the top X% of reviewers. (not unlike Amazon Wink )

If the admin can set a relative weight (points) for each of the variables below then this should become a rather easy calculation. For example:

A = + 10 Points for every review written
B = + 2 Points for a useful review
C = - 2 Points for a not useful review

Was thinking of some formula like this:

Reviewer_Rank = (A*Number of Reviews Written) + (B*Number of People who clicked on "Yes" in response to the usefulness of a review, across all reviews for that person) + (C*Number of People who clicked on "No" in response to the usefulness of a review, across all reviews for that person)

That should do it I think. Then allow the admin to set 2 thresholds. e.g. 2% and 10% or two fixed values like 10 and 100 and display a graphic next to a name if a person is in the "Top 2%" or one of the "Top 10" reviewers.

Maybe you don't need a plugin... maybe it's simple enough to be done with a global....

Anyway, just wanted to put that one out there if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro