Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Payment for multiple categories?

Quote Reply
Payment for multiple categories?
Hi there,
I'm running Links SQL 2.2.1 with payments to display a link at the top of a category (using standard setup).

Is there an easy way to introduce payments so that users can choose to have their link listed in other categories?
I'll try and do this manually but a plugin module would be great. Is this easy or just impossible?

It would allow users to select alternative categories, and then a term etc for payment.

What does everyone think?

Cheers,
Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Payment for multiple categories? In reply to
Hello,

I want a similar thing, it seems that a link can be added in one category.
If a user wants to add a payed link in more categories, he should do the process again and again.
The disadvantage is a lot of work for a user, so that he/she will probably quit the actions & there could be an high amount of duplicate links in your database.

I am currently working on a modification in the Add & Modify modules, so that a user can first add a link in the database in multiple categories, and next he can choose for which of the selected categories he/she will make payments.
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] Payment for multiple categories? In reply to
Its very easy for Admin to "copy" the paid link into other categories. This would be the same link (i.e. information is only entered once) so there are no duplicates.

I'd be very interested in how you let a user pay to get their link listed in other categories? Is this something just added to the payment include templates?

Cheers,

Piers
Quote Reply
Hello,

I thought to add a column Payment_CatID to assign a link to a payed category instead of CatLinks.CategoryID
Quote Reply
The problem with doing this is that categories can have different payment requirements and so it can be difficult to handle. For example, if one category requires payment, and the other is optional, then how does payment work? Do they pay twice (not easy to do with the current design), pay once, etc? How would discounts apply? There are lots of small issues that would have to be solved to make this work - however if you've got specific needs it's a lot easier.

Adrian