Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Pagebuilder plug in Global

Quote Reply
Pagebuilder plug in Global
Hi

Is it possible to have Pagebuilder plug in generate a list of all pages stored on it into a page that can be used to submit to the search engines...
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Pagebuilder plug in Global In reply to
This is not possible at the moment, but I could add a function that does this.

What you can do on every page is create a list of subpages, there is a loop called sub_page_loop available on every template.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Pagebuilder plug in Global In reply to
Thanks

I think it will be nice add on (through a global) tha will insert a list of all pages..

My main reason is that i hav several pages that search robot can not reach from the home page..

so having a list of all pages (kind of a map) will help populizing the site.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Just a quick addon: this will probably only be possible for "simple" pages, not "link" pages, etc.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Right...

You see i used your plug in to automate the whole web site pages so i have everything generated using it including CGI scripts headers and footers and that gives me the ability to change the whole web site look through three files only... VEY COOL BY THE WAY..

So the simple pages only is all what is needed, I thought that will be possible through a Global.

Create a page then insert that global in it and it will parse the pages to it...
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Try the following global (this will return all pages), I will make a better function tomorrow, when I have more time:
Code:
sub {
require GT::SQL::Condition;
my $pb = $DB->table ('PageBuilderPage');
my $cond = GT::SQL::Condition->new(page_type => '=' => 'simple');
return {page_loop => $pb->tree->children( id => 0, condition => $cond) };
}
This should give you a template var "page_loop". It's untested, but it should work. I called the global "get_all_pb_pages". In your templates you would do something like:

<%get_all_pb_pages()%>
<%loop page_loop%>
whatever you want to do here
<%endlooop%>

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi

It works as good as..

i created a simple page and used:

<ul><%get_all_pb_pages()%>
<%loop page_loop%><li><a href="YOUR_SITE_URL<%if page_directory%><%page_directory%>/<%endif%><%page_filename%>">
<%if page_title%><%page_title%><%else%><%page_name%><%endif%></a></li><%endloop%></ul>

And did return a list of all pages..

A small bug in the Plug in (or may be not a bug):

When You click Pages List should not be there a way to choose how to sort the pages? Bu Name, title...

Just a thought..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Just wondering.....did you make a better version of this global, yogi?

Thanks Smile

------------------------------------------