Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Links SQL 2.2.0 Plugins - Updates

Quote Reply
Links SQL 2.2.0 Plugins - Updates
Just thought I would post one thread, to try and keep this forum a little cleaner (otherwise there will be 30 new threads just with details on the new 2.2 plugin versions).

Ok, here are the plugins that have been updated to work on LSQL 2.2 so far;

Error Jump - 3.0
Ace News - 2.0.3
DMOZ Wizard - 2.0
Category Adverts - 2.5
Spider - 1.8.2
Cron Manager - 2.0
Add_Spider - 1.1

Here is a little details on any extra features that have been added to the above list;

1) Error_Jump - Total rewrite, which now uses some internal GT modules to get the status code of a URL (saves using HTTP::Request etc, so its one less module to worry about). You also now have the ability to define which status codes are "bad" ... i.e if you wanted, a 403 error code could be setup easily to be a "good" status code. This is all done in the top of safe_jump.cgi (no point in putting it as a plugin setting, as that put the overall CPU/memory consumption for the plugin up).

2) Ace_New - Just a couple of template fixes to work on 2.2.

3) DMOZ_Wizard - Now works on 2.2.

4) Category_Adverts - I've rewritten the way that adverts are server by this now. It basically lets you use a loop to show the results. I also rewrote the way that it grabs the random adverts, as the old one was from over a year ago. This one seems to be working better.. and also handles the default adverts better (instead of showing duplicates of the default adverts if no other results were found, and more than one advert was being placed on the one page).

5) Spider - I've now added the ability to spider URL's that were set as "bad" for some reason (normally due to the extension, i.e .cgi, .pl, as these are not always possible to spider). You can now tick these extra URL's, as they are shown below the normal results.

6) Cron_Manager - Just added the ability to setup expire_notify.pl via cron with ease.

7) Add_Spider - Just a basic upgrade to work on 2.2.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask (preferably in our forum at http://www.ultranerds.com/forum).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL 2.2.0 Plugins - Updates In reply to
Couple more plugins have now been updated.

1) Auto_Backup - v1.7
2) Add_RandImage - v1.7

Please note, these are for LSQL 2.2, and WILL NOT work on older versions.

The details of the updates are as follows;

1) Auto_Backup - just fixed up a couple of small bugs, and also changed it so that it backs up /admin/Links/Config/Data.pm, instead of /admin/Links/ConfigData.pm. This is one of the changes that is required for it to work on 2.2.

2) Add_RandImage - Updated to use GT::Image::Security now. This gives it that bit more power, and if you want, you can also edit the .pm file, so that random synbols/shapes are shown on the image. This no longer uses newlines in it (\n), as this caused problems in the latest version.

These 2 new versions are available from the download area as of now :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!