Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Links SQL + GT Community
I am working on setting up GT Community along with Links SQL and am having some questions.

1) Under the customize profile section of GT Community, I am not seeing any database field called "Email" or "Password", however they both are required and if I am not mistaken somewhere hidden...

2) Now lets assume that there is a user "John Doe", then how do I publically display his/her profile?

3) Would it be possible to display the information about the links that are owned by "John Doe"

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Links SQL + GT Community In reply to
Andy has hacked this for the download plugins, and probably can give you a good answer.

I'm still a bit foggy on what community is actually doing and where. Andy and I grasp things in different ways :)

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
~~ Bump ~~

please help.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
To display a profile you could use a template in LinksSQL and include the Profile fields from Community - can't remember the tag but its in the Community forum. Then you can show the page using Pagebuilder or page.cgi?p=templatename.

Showing the links owned by someone is also better done in Links I think - doesn't need Community - I'm sure there's a global for this in the forum somewhere but its quite simple to write if not.
Quote Reply
Hi, Did you ask andy? He hacked this quite a bit for the ultranerds user base. He might be able to point you, or have a solution for you. He had to get into some of that code to track who owned what plugins, and can download new ones.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
1) Under the customize profile section of GT Community, I am not seeing any database field called "Email" or "Password", however they both are required and if I am not mistaken somewhere hidden...
The template you need to modify or copy is admin_include_user_record.html