Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

LinksForum Threads not Forums?

Quote Reply
LinksForum Threads not Forums?
Heya,

A question for those using the LinksForum plugin: Is it possible to use the LinksForum plugin to create threads in a specified forum for each link in LinksSQL rather than create a forum for each link.

Also, when a link is removed or expired, will that forum or thread be removed from GForum on the next sync, or does it stay?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] LinksForum Threads not Forums? In reply to
Its quite a time since I installed this so I'm not certain. However, I think that if it is possible to create threads instead of forums it would take quite a bit of customisation of the plugin.

When a link is removed the forum is not deleted.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] LinksForum Threads not Forums? In reply to
That's a pity. Being able to have a single thread per link in a forum where users can reply to threads but not create new ones (only the cron can create new ones) would have been nice. Unsure

That would also have solved the problem of ending up with a massive list of forums as you do currently.

I can see some good uses for it both ways.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] LinksForum Threads not Forums? In reply to
I agree - and I'm sure I must have put some thought into this when I first installed it which is why I think it must be complicated to do - or I decided in the end that it was better to have forums - I can't remember any more!