Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How to send an extra email when link is submitted?

Quote Reply
How to send an extra email when link is submitted?
I would like to do two things:

1) add an extra field when users are submitting their links that says "Please send me updates." or whatever. If they uncheck that field, then the next part will not happen

2) When the user submits the link, the software already sends an email to me, the admin, telling me that it's awaiting validation. I would also like the software to send another email, to a specific emial addres, and sent *from* the person submitting the email, which will automatically sign them up to become part of a mass email list I have (i can't use the newsletter feature inside Links Sql 2.2).

I could skip part 1 and just do part 2, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the emailing part of this script is.

Help, anyone?

Last edited by:

celinahex: Jun 15, 2004, 1:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [celinahex] How to send an extra email when link is submitted? In reply to
Actually, let me make my question even simpler:

Where in the script are the lines of code that send the administrator an email after a link is added (and awaiting validation). I've been looking for it in my Links Sql 2 and can't find it. If someone can point that out for me, I'll be able to add this myself. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [celinahex] How to send an extra email when link is submitted? In reply to
Hi. It should be in;

/admin/Links/User/Add.pm

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!