Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
How to modify VIEWABLE
Hi,

Anyone knows how what is the best way to modify VIEWABLE tag from plugin, without to mess with core code in Links.pm?
I need to modify VIEWABLE condition on certain circumstances.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] How to modify VIEWABLE In reply to
Bump,

GT anyone? Crazy
I really need this but do not want to make my changes in core code. Unsure

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] How to modify VIEWABLE In reply to
Hi,

I think that is your only option.

Easiest way, is to make a function in a plugin, which opens up the VIEWABLE function, and adds in the condition you want (using a search and replace).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] How to modify VIEWABLE In reply to
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the advice i know that way too but for me ... both ways with changing the core code or using the plugin to modify the core code on install (if we have same thing in mind Blush) are just an ugly fixes. Unsure

Personally if there is no other more clear way to hook on VIEWABLE, will be better GT to add plugin hook for this function in next release, this definitely will be great addition on GLinks functionality and because this is core condition on most selects in the code will be very useful way on exchanging GLinks.

Cheers,
Boris