Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page?

Quote Reply
How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page?
This is a beginner's question about Pagebuilder. Crazy

I have managed to create a SIMPLE page, but I am unable to keep the formatting of all my other Glinks pages, i.e. same title logo, same header and so on...

When I try to copy a template, say home.html, into a Pagebuilder template, the formatting does not get copied, only the text appears in the wrong proportions! Unsure

What can I do?

Thanks.

Last edited by:

server0000: Jul 14, 2005, 12:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [server0000] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
Hi

You can change the template of the simple page, by going to "Plugins->PageBuilder->Templates" in the admin area and selecting the template you want to edit.

If you want change the default template for pages generated by the PageBuilder plugin you have to edit the files 'pb_default_***.html'. These default template files are used to create a template for a new PageBuilder page, i.e. every time you add a new page using the plugin (e.g a page with the name 'test'), the default template is used to generate the specific template for this page (e.g. 'test.html').

I hope this help.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
Hi,

I did manage to edit the Pagebuilder templates: I copied a Glinks template (home.html) into a Pagebuilder template for a SIMPLE page, but the formatting of the resulting page did not look correct. None of the headers, title logo, and so on appear. It is like the new Pagebuilder page was not connected to the stylesheets.

I am wondering what I am doing wrong...

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [server0000] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
Quote:
It is like the new Pagebuilder page was not connected to the stylesheets.

You might want to make sure that the path to CSS style sheet is set correct in the Page Builder Template.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
hi,

Please tell me how to define the path to the CSS sheets?

I can't find them on the standard Glinks template files.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
OK. I solved it... Laugh
Quote Reply
Quote:
OK. I solved it...

Could you share that with me. I'm having the same problem. In fact I'm on the brink of just deleting this PlugIn to save my own sanity. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Triffid] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
Will send you private message.
Quote Reply
Re: [rascal] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
One year on from these posts and I'm also going insane!

Can someone explain to me how we can use something like the home.html template as a PageBuilder template?

I wish the instructions would be updated, I've found this asked quite a few times over the years. I'm probably just being dense, but that's what instructions are for ;)

JeffB
GT customer for 6 years (and counting!)

Last edited by:

jeffb: Aug 23, 2006, 6:08 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeffb] How to keep GLINKS page formatting in a PAGEBUILDER page? In reply to
It seems like all <%include lines work ok apart from the <%include include_common_head.html%> one. This is a bit of a strange bug. The solution is to copy the contents of include_common_head in to a new file and then change the style sheet to an URL address. I wouldn't complain if this was a free plugin but it costs almost $65 and comes with no support from the author. This issue has been around since at least 2005 according to this thread.