Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Help, Please, I tried for over a month, and cant figure this out

Quote Reply
Help, Please, I tried for over a month, and cant figure this out
Hello, thanks for looking, I really apprecate any help you can give.

What I have done is created a new table in the links database, called Zipcodes, the primary fields are Zip, NearBy The Zip just contains a single zipcode. The NearBy contains at least 5, what I have done is added &zipcode= to the URL.... http://www.XXXXXX.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=&d=1&zipcode=(a zipcode here)
All that works.... In my Links table, I also added a "zipcode" field, whenever I load/display a link etc, I got it to go the the Zipcodes table, pull the info from the "zipcode" in the links table, and find witch city is linked to the that zipcode. All that works fine, it will even display only links has a certain zipcode. HOWEVER what I cant figure out is how to have it go to the Zipcodes table, pull the field "NearBy" and have it search the links witch contain a zipcode with the 5 or so thats in the NearBy field.

Any suggestions?

I have been messing around with build.pm, under sub build_category
Quote Reply
Re: [jjweb] Help, Please, I tried for over a month, and cant figure this out In reply to
Hi,

So what code do you have so far? Bit hard to go from what you described ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!