Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Globals or features requests

Quote Reply
Globals or features requests
Hello

Is there an easy way with Glinks 3.1 to do the following:
  1. Allow users to delete reviews for their sites?
  2. Flag a link for the admin when validing if it is already in database?
  3. Prevent reviews with BAD wording, sort of a filter on reviews, if we are to turn auto validation on..

Thanks for any help
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Globals or features requests In reply to
>> Allow users to delete reviews for their sites?

Not easy, but possible. This requires a function call, and a few other things, probably best not done as a global. You'd need to check to see if user.Username eq LinkOwner, and if so, show a link to "delete reviews". In the script, or function, you'd check again to make sure $USER->{'Username'} eq $link->{'LinkOwner'} before allowing the delete. You could then present a list of reviews and a check box to delete. The interface would be as simple or complex as you want it to be, and you could "steal" code and interface from the modify routines. I'm actually doing something like this for comments/reviews, to allow a user to "hide" reviews that are inappropriate, and if the editors/moderators agree, delete the reviews. Otherwise, they show as "nn Hidden Reviews"

>> Flag a link for the admin when validing if it is already in database?

Should be a matter of a small hook, or function call to check to see if the URL already exists. I've wanted to do something like this for awhile, rather than clicking the "check" link. Actually, changing that to be "A link for this already exists" or simply not showing the "check" if no link does exist. I'd also like to see the images, in thumbnail format, by a link, and I'm actually adding in *that* functionality to the admin side of the gallery/photogs program.

>> Prevent reviews with BAD wording, sort of a filter on reviews, if we are to turn auto validation on..

This is much harder, unless you specifically mean the "Badwords" list as stored in the configs.

That too should only be a matter of a hook to run a scan and set 'isValidated' to no, rather than 'yes'

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.