Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

GT::Mail::Send - unknown addressee problem

Quote Reply
GT::Mail::Send - unknown addressee problem
I have a weird problem and not sure if it's a server config...both smtp and sendmail returns 'unknown localhost' or 'invalid addressee' respectively when the '$to' field of the GT::Mail::Send object is set to anything except my LSQL admin email address. In other words, it is only possible to send out this email to myself. Every other email I put in the $to field results in the server thinking it's some local address or something...anybody have a clue about this? I am also masking the $from address by having it set as a different address than that configured in STMP & sendmail as the actualy email address from which it's send off of the server...

Last edited by:

scorpioncapital: Oct 15, 2003, 1:17 PM
Quote Reply
Bulkmailer doesn't work In reply to
I also got this error msg sending to a custom list: Software error:Could not reestablish connection at GT::Mail::BulkMail::_smtp_send line 818.This makes no sense as we are on Unix and are not using a stmp server at all but sendmail. Anybody have some ideas?

Last edited by:

scorpioncapital: Oct 15, 2003, 1:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [scorpioncapital] Bulkmailer doesn't work In reply to
we sort of solved this problem for the bulk mailer if we use the -t option but not sure what this option does or means...
Quote Reply
Re: [scorpioncapital] Bulkmailer doesn't work In reply to
In Reply To:
we sort of solved this problem for the bulk mailer if we use the -t option but not sure what this option does or means...

I had/have the same problem!

The -t option works for the bulk-mailer but however it doesn't work with sending out LSQL-standard mails (validate-email, add-, modify-email) so at the moment I set the -t option if I want to send out bulk-mails and afterwards I remove the -t option again, so that the LSQL-mails will be delivered properly.

It's very weired!

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Oct 15, 2003, 11:27 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Bulkmailer doesn't work In reply to
Apparently, the -t option looks for the correct addressee in the 'to' field or rather it scans everything and maybe that's why it works. Either way it's just a temporary solution, needs to be fixed. I heard from Jack there is an updated bulkmailer file so if that works maybe it can be posted for everyone