Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Editor Activity Monitoring - Plugin

Quote Reply
Editor Activity Monitoring - Plugin
Hi

I have been trying this plug in..

Very nice and a lot of powerful features...

I have two comments:

1- An Editors sign up forum where users can submit their request to become an editor and the admin can review and approve or reject them will be very useful and in the heart of any editors plug in..

2- When a user is assigned to a cetgory as an editor their ststus should auto change to editor but it is not.

Just a thought Crazy
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Editor Activity Monitoring - Plugin In reply to
Hi Katabd.

>Very nice and a lot of powerful features...

Thank you. It is nice to be hearing some great feedback about itSmile.

>1- An Editors sign up forum where users can submit their request to become an editor and the admin >can review and approve or reject them will be very useful and in the heart of any editors plug in..

I am considering this for my own site, and then for the plug-in. This will depend on how many users of the plugin actually want this. But a great suggestion. I have tried to keep the plug-in simple to begin with, but packed with as many features as I could write in this short time. Much more will come in time.

>2- When a user is assigned to a cetgory as an editor their ststus should auto change to editor but it is >not.

Since version 1.0.2, Editors were assigned the status of "Editor" by default. I plan on enhancing the status system to mirror what my own site does. i.e. automatically assign status based on certain factors. But once again, this will depend on just how many people want this, to justify what exactly I include. If you have any more ideas in this area, then keep them coming! Since version 1.0.4 (which is the latest at the time of writing, there is a settings table, which allows more customization for each web site it is installed on. And I am currently thinking up what to stick in next!

The version you are trying (basically the trial version) contains some bugs and is missing a lot of feature that the current full version does. If you have any lengthly ideas, feel free to post them on my website (forum) also. As this is where I keep my TODO list, of what to stick in next, and what needs fixing.

Thanks for the comments Katabd!

Cool

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins