Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Display single Cat/Subcats in any place I want

Quote Reply
Display single Cat/Subcats in any place I want
Any answer on this one:

I want to display all links inside a specific category or subcateogy in any place I want.!!

Is there a variable (category/subcategory id) that I can place anywhere I want and it will show ONLY the cat/subcat name and the links inside it in the location of my choice...

like I want to put "Cars and Trucks" only in the leftsidebar, and I want to put "Parts and Accessories" in the footer, and I want to put "Cars and Trucks/Nissan" in the header....
basically I want a free format ...so the home is not build in colums or any order.. rather, replace the specific tag for each category/subcategory so whereever I put that tag, the links inside it show up... can this be done... see an example of a home page layout like this:

Code:
---------------------------------------------------
<%Category_ID=7%>
----------------------------------------------------
<%Category_ID=2%>| picture |
| | <%sub_category_ID=11%>
| |
| |
---------------------------------------------------
<%sub_category_ID=17%>
----------------------------------------------------

thanks much...
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Display single Cat/Subcats in any place I want In reply to
I posted this one a week ago, and yet to get an answer... any help will be greatly appreciated it...

Basically, I want to manualy place cat/subcat name or id anywhere I want on any page, and when the page loads, it replaces the these tags with just the immediate cat/subcat name and the links under it (on any page)... (instead of the fixed two columns names on the categories page...)

thanks