Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories

Quote Reply
Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories
Is there a subroutie or module to be able to set which categories are allowed to have submission posted to them?

If not, any clues as to how you might do this.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: [ukseo] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
I think I posted a solution for this a while back. Basically, you would need to add a new field (something like "CanSubmit"), and then make a global, which reads only the categories that have a value for "CanSubmit". It gets made harder though, as people who are passing a category ID along (&ID=1234), will want it to automatically select the appropriate category. If I find a bit of free time, I'll try and find that post for you.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
Andy,

Did you ever find the link to this? I'm looking for this as well. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Sep 29, 2004, 9:47 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ukseo] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
My XAMD plugin will have that feature.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
Here's one thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=266795#266795
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
Quote:
My XAMD plugin will have that feature.

Which will be cool... but that plugin has been 2 years in the making with no idea of a release date. Will check it out when it comes out though. Smile

I'd like to find a solution sooner.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Disallow Submissions in Certain Categories In reply to
Yeah, that's true. I developed my plugins in my free time, while I was doing my studies.

Now that I'm finishing my studies, I'll have more time, and will concentrate on business.
I also updated my development priority plan, and XAMD plugin was pushed up one position on my priority list.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...