Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Changing only root index build_path

Quote Reply
Changing only root index build_path
Hi,

I have Gossamer Links 3.2.0 installed and I'm trying to change the build_index path because it's overwriting my original index.php.
I changed it to index_gids.php, but now all my subpages are also build as index_gids.php.

So I want to change the buildpath of my root file to index_gids.php but the subcategories have to stay index.php. Any ideas how I can do that?

Thanks.

Niels
Quote Reply
Re: [NielsCrio] Changing only root index build_path In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. thats not so easy :/

The main problem, is that the "breadcrumb" (i.e Home: Category : Whatever), will still link to index.php at the root level.

Any reason you can't have the GLinks directory in a sub-foilder? That would certainly stop the problem of it overwriting your index.php file =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Why you don't upgrade to 3.3.0?

There is a new option GLinks 3.3.0 called build_home from where you can change name only for home page filename.

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Changing only root index build_path In reply to
Is there? Guess I missed that one =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Changing only root index build_path In reply to
Yup,

Build Options > scroll down to File and Directory Options section > build_home

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Ah cool, never seen that before (although, I havn't had much need to go into that setting on new sites - and pretty much all my "development" installs are 2.2, 3.02 and 3.2 :))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Changing only root index build_path In reply to
Yeah, I also don't use it, but I remember this option from 3.3.0 features announcement.

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
Hi guys,

Thanks for the information, I'll try to upgrade to 3.3.0.

@Andy: I can't change the folder of my GLinks because my categories already have a pagerank and I can't afford losing those by changing the path :)

Cheers,

Niels
Quote Reply
NP - from the sound of it, upgrading to 3.3.0 will sort your issue anyway Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk