Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Centralized GT library
Is it possible to use the same GT libraries for both Links SQL and Gossamer Forum?

I replaced the GT directory in Links SQL with a symlink to the GT directory in Gforum, and it seems to be working.

Will this cause any problems?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Centralized GT library In reply to
Obviously a staff member will need to confirm but I think I remember Alex saying that they use a centralized library on their server. I think all products now have the latest libs although perhaps some have different subroutines than others, but the core ones may be the same.

Anyway I'm just saying what I "think" not what I "know" Cool
Quote Reply
Quote:
Is it possible to use the same GT libraries for both Links SQL and Gossamer Forum?
Gosh that would be helpful! This would help with my requirement for additional image functions, as well as others.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Centralized GT library In reply to
I think it works. I have been using it the whole day today, and I have not run into problems so far...

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
I *think* the GT:: library tree is the same for all the products, and the overriding files are put into the specific product directory -- Links:: in Links SQL.

Some GT::library trees will have additional (or missing) files, but the files in the tree should be the same (versions aside).

This was part of the move to Gossamer Community, centralizing and coordinating all the libraries, so programs would work the same internally (not just through the auth system)

But, GT would have to say for sure.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.