Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

CMS, new content management system with XML

Quote Reply
CMS, new content management system with XML
 "Hey, I want to get a project going turning Links SQL into a full content management system complete with syndication, xml feeds and more!"

For details, check out this post

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Let me know if you'd be interested...

(Thanks webslicer)
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] CMS, new content management system with XML In reply to
Well, LSQL is a CMS, of sorts. At least, it is perfectly possible to make a pretty good LSQL-based CMS for, say, news sites and for organisation homepages.

Re. XML: In terms of syndicating content in XML, LSQL does a pretty good job if you tell it how to do XML and add e few simple globals here and there. The pagebuilder plugin is very useful here. There are several issues related to XML, which is still an emerging technology that is far from stable. I think there are some encoding issues, but otherwise, LSQL does a good job.

If there were a free plugin similar to the Pagebuilder plugin I'd be happy to make more documentation about LSQL and XML.
Quote Reply
Re: [gotze] CMS, new content management system with XML In reply to
I think this would benefit many - especially when so many GT users here offer free services, free links and make their $$ on ads - syndication is a great way to increase traffic, thus improving traffic stats for sales purposes.