Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Attach Media File instead of Link

Quote Reply
Attach Media File instead of Link
Is there a module to allow an upload of a media file from the admin and user side to be attached instead of having just a link name. This other word, if a user clicks on the link it will launch the file instead of having the link leads to an external site.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Attach Media File instead of Link In reply to
Hi,

Sure thing. You will need to make quite a few changes in the tempaltes etc, but to get you started, try going into the admin panel, and going to: Database > Links > Properties > Add Field, then add a FILE type filed (you need to set the file_save_path and file_save_url fields, and other pertinant fields).

Hope that gets you on the right tracks :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Attach Media File instead of Link In reply to
thanks Andy,
I did the changes you mentioned, and I see now the file field and the browse button to upload files, and now, I am trying to link the submitted URL to the attached file, so if a user clicks on the submitted URL, it will launch the file (in realmedia player). I am wondering if there is a why to do that, or even, what I really like is to have a check box next to each file, and when few check boxes are selected, and submitted the form, then the realpalyer runs and play the selected files.
can that be done...
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark2] Attach Media File instead of Link In reply to
Hi,

Try;

<%config.db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>;view=Field_Name

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Attach Media File instead of Link In reply to
Say I want to list the songs unlinked with a check box next to each one, as show below:
  1. [ ] song 1
  2. [x] song 2
  3. [ ] song 3
  4. [x] song 4
  5. [ ] song 5

[Submit to Listen button]

If a user selects a song (e.g. song 2 and song 4 above), then clicks on "Submit to Listne button," then a real media player launches with and play the selected songs in order.
How can replace the title of the link with a none-linked link and have a check box next to each link which play the corresponding attached file for that song.
thank you