Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes?

Quote Reply
Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes?
Hi. I've got to somehow modify 1,300 links. Is there a way I can make the 'checkbox' become automatically ticked when doing a 'multiple modify' ... ? I've looked through the admin templates, and also Links/Tools.pm and Links/Link.pm ... but can't find a reference to it.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Its gonna take me ages to modify the links, let alone ticking the boxes each time Unsure

TIA.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes? In reply to
Found it...

GT/SQL/Admin.pm

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes? In reply to
Hi Andy, I've been looking for a "Check All" feature, too, and found one for Database | Delete in Admin.pm... You might want to copy that over to the modify part...

The sub is sub delete_search_results...

I'm going to attempt to copy it over right now.

Take care,

Stephen
Quote Reply
Re: [biketrials] Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes? In reply to
Yup, that worked perfectly...

In GT/SQL/Admin.pm
Look in sub delete_search_results

and copy:
print <<END_OF_HTML if $i > 2;

...to:
END_OF_HTML

over to sub modify_multi_search_results, right below " print $speedbar if ($speedbar);" near the end.

Just change the line:
if (document.admin.elements.name != 'delete') { continue }
to:
if (document.admin.elements.name != 'modify') { continue }

That's it! Now you can select all the modify checkboxes on the page (now to just get Alex to make this the default!). :-)

Take care,

Stephen
Quote Reply
Re: [biketrials] Admin multi-modify, but where is the 'checkbox' codes? In reply to
Suggest it to Alex ;)

He doesn't always see or notice all messages or suggestions in the forum, unless the threads contain "bug" or "code fix" or something that gets him in that mode.

I've long wanted quick/easy ways to delete things or modify things.

I thought the original version of the spider would be the new interface, but that got shed by the second release of the spider.

There is some new interface stuff coming, but no real info on what it will be. Only rumor (from Alex) is that he has been thinking about getting rid of frames.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Well done on getting it working. I've spent many hours trying to achieve what you have just done ... Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk