Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ UPDATE] Add_RandImage v2.0

Quote Reply
[ UPDATE] Add_RandImage v2.0
Add_RandImage

This plugin basically is a way to try and stop people from spamming your site directory with rubbish by creating a graphic key they have to enter before submitting a link.

The new version is designed to work with Gossamer Links 3.x, and includes several new features (including the ability to define the number of characters you want to use, and the image dimensions)

PRICE: $25 [ details ]

Plugin Description:

This plugin basically is a way to try and stop people from spamming your site directory with rubbish. Each user must manually visit the site, and enter an 8 letter (random) string. If they enter this incorrectly, it will not let them submit their link. This has been proven to stop spam submissions from robots, submission software etc, by up to 90%. It is basically the same kind of technology that AltaVista.com use.

Plugin Requirements
  • Gossamer Links 3.0+
  • GD perl module for image generation.
Features:
  • Ability to define the number of characters you want to use (i.e setting to "7" would use 7 random characters)
  • Ability to define the image width
  • Ability to define the image height
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!