Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ UPCOMING PLUGIN ] Auto_Backup

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ UPCOMING PLUGIN ] Auto_Backup In reply to
Ok, the plugin is in final beta-stages now. Should have something for public release by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok... this plugin is going great :) Its in final beta now.. so should be released by the end of the week. A few of the new features now, include;

Emails being set out in a pretty HTML format Smile (oh, it also has Net::FTP and script output debug information)

Ability to restore/compare one .def file at a time.

Ability to choose what time of day the cron runs (1am,2am,3am, etc).

... and some more, but I can't think of them at the moment. I'm going to be writing a pre-release Plugin Information page tomorrow. I have a little bit more to do in the 'Readme', and once these last tests are done, I'm pretty happy its stable enough to release :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Just so everyone knows...this project ISN'T dead! I've been finding it hard to find time between custom work,sleeping, eating etc, to get work put in on this plugin. I managed to find some time today.

Not has an 'admin' backup... which will backup your whole admin folder (excluding the backup folder, as this could make the backup file huge). Its working quite well so far. Still testing it though.

I have also re-written ace_backup.cgi, which is the script which runs via cron to do the backups. A lot of the codes are now re-used, which speeds up the performance, and overall file size. It now has an 'all' option, which can ONLY be run via SSH. This is really just a way to test your settings for the backup procedings (instead of having to do all of the different options seperatly).

Hoping to have a release of this quite soon, but I hope you understand I want to make it as stable as possible, as on big mistake could mean bye-byes for a site if it was to go down, and the backups were not correctly made Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Looks like I should be released this plugin tomorrow. Still waiting for a final release report from one of my beta testers, but 2 people (as well as me) have tested it thoroughly, including test corruptions on a demo installation, to see how the backup files worked when restoring them.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >