Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages?

Quote Reply
detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages?
Hi. Got a possible bug here;

<%detailed_url%>

...gives me;

Quote:
Unknown Tag: 'detailed_url'

I know I have build_detailed turned on to 'Yes' in the settings... but it just won't assign that tag (I could get around it by using <%build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.html, but that would be cheating Tongue).

Just thought I would point it out, and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages? In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi. Got a possible bug here;

<%detailed_url%>

...gives me;

Quote:
Unknown Tag: 'detailed_url'

I know I have build_detailed turned on to 'Yes' in the settings... but it just won't assign that tag (I could get around it by using <%build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.html, but that would be cheating Tongue).

Just thought I would point it out, and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Cheers

I'm having the same problem. Specifically in the Link Premium section. There is no detailed_url tag available.

Last edited by:

dwh: Aug 25, 2004, 5:09 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages? In reply to
I am having the same problem with detailed URL. It worked on the older version of LinksSQL, but after upgrading to 2.2.0 it does not work on the category page.

Did you find a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages? In reply to
Yeah, you can just manually pass it in;

<%build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.html

... or slightly different, depending on how you list the detailed pages.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ok, thanks! Will do.

But do you think this might have something to do with another problem I have.

I used to be able to call more or less any tag on the category page just as I do on the links.html. IE i might have a field called "Age" in my database. It works when its on the links.html page but when I put it on the category page it comes up with "unknown tag".

I do this because I use a mod or what you call it on my category page which does not use links.html but instead the look of the links are specified on the category page.. Its so I can create 2 columns and whatever amount of rows of links on each category page.

This means I have all the tags on the category page instead of links.thml. I only use links.html for the search results.

It worked in older versions but not in the new 2.2.0 it seems. For most fields I simply now get "unknown tag".

Is this to do with the same?
Quote Reply
Re: [demon] detailed_url not being created correctly in category pages? In reply to
Quote:
Is this to do with the same?

Afraid I'm not sure. GT would be the better one's to comment on this =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk