Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Plugins/globals to work on pages outside of Links SQL?

Quote Reply
Plugins/globals to work on pages outside of Links SQL?
Is it possible to get a Links SQL plugin or a global to work on an html page outside of the LinkS SQL dynamically generated pages? For instance, I have the SearchLogger plugin and am trying to display results using <%Plugins::SearchLogger::Top_Keywords ('20')%> on an html page outside of the directory. If so, how can you make it happen?

Thanks alot.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Plugins/globals to work on pages outside of Links SQL? In reply to
You can't use Links SQL tags in a html page and expect it to work. The links sql pages are sent through the template parser.

There's no way to do it other than to:

a) Use SSI
b) Use Yogi's page builder plugin
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Plugins/globals to work on pages outside of Links SQL? In reply to
Paul,

Thanks. Sounds like yogi's plugin is the way to go for me.

mgeyman
Quote Reply
Re: [mgeyman] Plugins/globals to work on pages outside of Links SQL? In reply to
Two ways.

1) use SSI to call a .cgi to display the tags.

2) use page.cgi to display the .html page

actually 3) create a new .cgi to do it.

To do what you want to do requires an understanding of how Links works. If you "include" the libraries in any .cgi program, then you can start to make calls to those libraries in any cgi program -- including ssi calls (not that I use them) and php.

You just have to have a "tunnel vision" so that you know, when you see/call a Links variable, you look down the tunnel behind it, and make sure all the parts needed to generate that variable are there.

I don't think I've written a program in 2 years that has not started out with the standard links headers :) The template parser and SQL engine are so powerful, that with a few lines of code you tap into the whole Lnks SQL "engine".

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.