Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Is there a working classifieds plug-in available?

Quote Reply
Is there a working classifieds plug-in available?
I searched the forums but couldn't find a clear answer. I don't see anything in the plug-ins install list...

If you love cats - visit www.TheCatSite.com

Visit my LinkSQL based Cat Site - www.Meowhoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Anat] Is there a working classifieds plug-in available? In reply to
Contact Alex or Jack. They do have one. I use it at:

http://www.dropzone.com/...sifieds/page.cgi?d=1

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Is there a working classifieds plug-in available? In reply to
Fantastic Layout. Smile

Question, though...

How much of what we see is customization as far as functionality goes?
Quote Reply
Re: [webslicer] Is there a working classifieds plug-in available? In reply to
The classifieds plug-in provides you with basic functionality that you'd expect from a classifieds service. Not a complete list but here's some of it:

- Posting ads for 30,60 or 90 days
- Email notification when ad is about to expire and again when it has expired
- Ad renewal
- Limit on number of times an ad can be renewed.
- Removal of expired ads (cron)
- Mark ads as "SOLD" - keep them for x days then remove the sold items (cron)
- Ad management (modify, delete, etc) by user

The rest of what you see there... layout etc is my own customization of LSQL. Added a few plug-ins for additional functionality. The layout of the templates that come with the Classifieds plug-in is not much different from the standard LSQL templates. It's up to you to make it look the way you want. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Is there a working classifieds plug-in available? In reply to
Thanks for the details, sounds like it does quite a lot.

Well, then, are you hireable to do customization/template design, along the lines of Dropzone.com?
Quote Reply
Quote:
Well, then, are you hireable to do customization/template design, along the lines of Dropzone.com?
I'm not "hireable" but I don't mind sending you my templates if you want to use them as a basis for your own customization. Smile

It'll still be a bit of work to make it work for your site. Send me a PM if you want them.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
We'll have an auction/classifieds system out, once Andy is finished playing with the images program, and we get access to the new Links SQL with the payment modules. (We know they won't work as we want, but once they are there, we can try to make them work our way <G>)

The images system was (I think) the last piece we needed to create the classifieds/auction system which requires an image management, and expire links system, links to a payment gateway, and a few other things that we have written or are finishing up, or GT has written and is finishing up. All that's left is tying them together.

No ETA, but really, it won't be for at least 3 months.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Is there a working classifieds plug-in available? In reply to
That would be excellent, Pudog.

Please work on documentation and clarity of instructions, as some plugins leave me scratching my head, as I don't know whether it means THIS or THAT lacking clear examples.
Quote Reply
One of the things I'm doing, is trying to improve the documentation and clarity of the screens in all the plugins, as well as update the install routines for all the plugins.

I have a pretty advanced install routine, that can be integrated into all andys plugins, and I have the "advantage" of not having worked with his plugins before, so I can see things from a "users" point of view that are obvious to him (like some thinsg on the DMOZ Wizard plugin), but are confusing to a viewer.

Documentation is rough.... It's time consuming, and usually just restates the obvious. What it needs to do is state the not-so-obvious :)

We have a lot of work ahead of us, and with 40+ programs and plugins out, or in the works, or on the shelves, whatever, it's a *LOT* of work. I have more to get to speed on than he does, since he has a larger number of scripts out there.

We also have a slightly different style :) I *hate* doing anything more than once, and my templates, and scripts (and really, overdone install routines) show that. Hopefully I can get andy to realize the extreme benefits of that :) But it takes a lot more time to do, and delays release of the first versions of things. So, it looks like he'll be leading the development of things, and writing the code, and I'll be going behind and cleaning up. That works well, as I do that (fixing up existing code) better than I do starting a new program, and andy seems to be able to start new things better than he can finish them up. It means we don't bump into each other too often. I'm there after he's gone, and when he comes back, it's a tad tidier <G>

Lately hes been working on the image program and a few off shoots, and I've been working on stabillizing the websites, and a few back end things for some of the existing scripts (like the Thumbshots for the directories, amazon book/dvd affiliate shopping, and a calendaring program).

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.