Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How NOT to use jump.cgi ?

Quote Reply
How NOT to use jump.cgi ?
I purchased LinksSQL 3 days ago and would like to use static instead of dynamic pages.
I would like outgoing URLs not to use "jump.cgi". The outgoing URL should be http://www.outgoingurl.com and NOT http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=

I know the detailed pages feature, but it is also using jump.cgi, I also know the .htaccess possibilities.

What's the best way to go 100% static, I don't want to use jump.cgi at all.
This is a big problem because dynamic pages are like poison for search engines, didn't the programers include a static feature for outgoing links or maybe I am not seeing it?

Right now I am not that happy with this purchase because of the missing static functions.

Last edited by:

TomWeb: Jan 29, 2004, 10:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TomWeb] How NOT to use jump.cgi ? In reply to
You need to edit link.html (and detailed.html if using it). just replace;

Code:
<%db_cgi_url/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>

...with

Code:
<%URL%>

BTW.. you posted in the GForum forum, so I've moved your thread for you ;)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [TomWeb] How NOT to use jump.cgi ? In reply to
Hi,

Using static pages has problems, and FTR (For The Record), dynamic pages are NOT poison to search engines -- certain constructs are, and there have been a lot of discussions about "search engine friendly" in this forum.

You should search on that.

Static pages will not count hits, or track other things. It allows harveters to get to your database simply and easily.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.