Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Email Notification plugin?

Quote Reply
Email Notification plugin?
I tried searching and it seems the only two plugins that have a portion of what I'm in need of are the calendar plugin and the link expiration plugin (not sure if the latter has been rolled into 3.x). So I'm hoping some of you can tell me if I missed something.

Is there a plugin out there (or one that can be modded) to allow link owners to set a periodic email notification / reminder, not tied to predefined holiday or to a link expiration date? For what I am looking to do, I don't want the links to expire, but I do want users to choose monthly/quarterly/semi-annually/annually (etc.) to have their link details sent to them. This will be a goal-setting database of sorts so I want people to be able to periodically review the goals they have set.

Thanks for any help.
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?
Quote Reply
Re: [kthull] Email Notification plugin? In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. I don't think there is anything like that.

If you're interested, I could probably put something together for you Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Email Notification plugin? In reply to
Andy, I sent you an email this morning (just in case you didn't get it yet). I'm definitely interested!
Kevin

My Green Promise: To learn (and practice) as much as I can about living a sustainable life and then spreading the word.
What's your Green Promise?
Quote Reply
Andy,

I had also asked for something similar previously, which can send remiders to users via either the calendar plugin, the task manager plugin or even the expire links plugin. If this is a seperate one, I hope you can make this available in the ultra package.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Email Notification plugin? In reply to
Andy,

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=299447

I had also asked for this previously, a feature which can send reminders to users (monthly) without expiring their links automatically.

As I had mentioned, perhaps you could combine this with the calendar or the todo plugin (and add a reminder feature to the todo plugin).

Otherwise, if this is a seperate plugin the way kthull wants it (which will work for me), I hope you can make this available in the ultra package.

Thanks

Last edited by:

socrates: Jan 2, 2008, 8:16 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Kevin,

I've just replied to your email :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Email Notification plugin? In reply to
Hi,

Can you explain more what you're after? I'm not sure its the same as Kevin's requirements.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Email Notification plugin? In reply to
Andy,

Basically, what I want is a way to email users (in my case each month) a few days prior to the date of thier original link added date, to remind them and notify them that their link is being renewed for another month. It could be a part of any of the existing plugins such as expire links plugin.

So, if someone listed on Jan-1-08, I would like emails to be sent them on Feb-25-08, March-25-08, etc., (a few days before the original subscription date). Of course, once their link is removed, the emails will stop.

Thanks