Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Duplicate_Check Mozilla error

Quote Reply
Duplicate_Check Mozilla error
Hi Andy,

Are you still supporting this plugin?

If so one of my sites members has turned up an error with it when using Mozilla (FireFox).

You can re-create it by submitting the site 'http://www.test.com' here: http://www.bestflashanimationsite.com/submit.php

FireFox is unable to parse the error message page's HTML.

Internet Explorer has no problem showing the error message page.

Any idea's on a fix?

Thanks.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: Sep 7, 2005, 7:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Duplicate_Check Mozilla error In reply to
Hi,

You might be using the version that had a header bug in it :)

Basically, there should be a;

print $IN->header();

..call before printing anything. IE seems to handle this bug ok, but Firefox/mozilla gives an error (not a bad thing ... but its just become more of a standard thing recently, thus why it should be fixed in the current download version Smile)

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Duplicate_Check Mozilla error In reply to
Thanks for getting back.

I've been trying to download the latest version (after fully uninstalling the original and re-installing from the Plugin Download area) a few times for the past few months for various sites and the version listed for Duplicate_Check is 1.1 tho when I download it it shows up as version 1 only.

Anyways the version I currently have installed, version 1 deosn't have a 'print $IN->header(); ' anywhere in the Duplicate_Check.pm file.

Where exactly should I place that code?

Thanks again! :)

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] Duplicate_Check Mozilla error In reply to
No problem =)

In Duplicate_Check.pm, find;

Code:
if ($chk_dup) {
$error_show = "The URL you entered already seems to be in our database, either live, or awaiting validation!";
print Links::SiteHTML::display('error', { error => $error_show });
exit;
}

..and change to;

Code:
if ($chk_dup) {
print $IN->header();
$error_show = "The URL you entered already seems to be in our database, either live, or awaiting validation!";
print Links::SiteHTML::display('error', { error => $error_show });
exit;
}

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Duplicate_Check Mozilla error In reply to
Works well! Cool