Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[UPDATE] MyFaves v1.6
Hi. I've managed to find a bit of time to get this plugin updated too. It now have the following features;

Price: $35

Requirements;

• Links SQL 2.1+

• Cookies enabled on the users side...[/url]

Does several things;

There are quite a few features in this plugin. The main one's are;

+ Span pages[/url]
+ Automatic deletion of links from their favourites if a link gets deleted by the admin...
+ Delete function
+ Purge All function (i.e delete all their favourites)
+ Obvious addition of links via one simple click...
+ Language controlled, so there is need to hack the script if you want to change an error message...
+ Template based, so its as easy as possible for you to make the pages look like your site :)
+ User definable figure for how many links to show on one page... *new*
+ Couple of bug fixes, where it wouldn't work on certain browsers, and also if you mis-configured it in some way, it sometimes woudn't work. These should be fixed now *new*

To purchase the script, please see the link on the previous page called <<BUY>>

Upcoming features;

• Anything else guys/gals can suggest :) [/url]

More details on this plugin can be found at http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=products . You can also purchase the plugin through this link.

Downloading/Upgrading

Owners of this plugin, or my $200 package, can download the latest version from http://new.linkssql.net/page.php?page=account .

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me, or reply to this thread.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [UPDATE] MyFaves v1.6 In reply to
Hi Andy,

I see this plugin's being used on Flashkit and Linkdup, looks very impressive!

Im interested in adding it to my site when i next upgrade the features im using with LinkSQL.

A couple of idea's....

The "Automatic deletion of links from their favourites if a link gets deleted by the admin" - Would it be possible to display the deleted site without the URL (for anyone who's added it to there favourites) with a 'This site no longer exists' or custom error message? - Im guessing this would only require one change to the Links Table > isValidated to "Yes" "No" "404"

Also would it be possible to update a search ranking field everytime a user add's a link to there Favourites? - in other words the more people that added a link to there Fav's the higher it ranks on its Title, Description or whatever's set for Score? - You'd also need to remove any recognition if a user removes that link or the user is deleted.

Comedy Quotes - Glinks 3.3.0, PageBuilder, StaticURLtr, CAPTCHA, User_Edit_Profile

Last edited by:

Chas-a: Sep 3, 2003, 6:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Chas-a] [UPDATE] MyFaves v1.6 In reply to
>>>I see this plugin's being used on Flashkit and Linkdup, looks very impressive! <<<

Thanks Cool

>>>Im guessing this would only require one change to the Links Table > isValidated to "Yes" "No" "404"
<<<

Unfortunatly not. Due to this plugin being cookie based, it simply holds the ID of the link in question (for performance). Without the link in the database (i.e it gets totally deleted), there is nothing for the script to reference to, even just to get the Title/Description.

>>>Also would it be possible to update a search ranking field everytime a user add's a link to there Favourites? - in other words the more people that added a link to there Fav's the higher it ranks on its Title, Description or whatever's set for Score? - You'd also need to remove any recognition if a user removes that link or the user is deleted. <<<

Nice idea. I'll have a look into this. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to add, its just finding the time to do it Tongue

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!