Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Pre Sales :

Please think before purchasing any service

Quote Reply
Please think before purchasing any service
Hi my name is asami.
I am going to tell you , that I had some problem in using Japanese fonts in autorespond. I tried to wait untill they fix the issue, but after more that one week, it did not work.
So, I asked them to refund me very nicely. They keep sending me
e-mails that "This is not our fault" and never return me money.
I spedn so many hours dealing with them..
I don't know the quality of the program, but ai will warn you,
this is impossible to get refund from them.Mad
Quote Reply
Re: [asaminy] Please think before purchasing any service In reply to
I work in retail selling electronics, software, and video games. No retailer in their right mind would allow a refund on open software or video games. To do so encourages people to treat the retailer like a rental business and also encourages piracy.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Please think before purchasing any service In reply to
hi

I just wanted to tell you what was the exchange between them and me.
I thought it was preety time consuming and frustrated.
You might be right. I am just one customer and did not know programmers
side's pont of view. However, I guess many customers could be non programmers.
It is an open code, so then people should know
refund is not possible. My post helped both customers and developers.
I just posted the fact, and did not try to harm or anything.
However, they did refund after two hours of arguments.
May be I was the wrong one, feel sorry to them, but I could not help
doing. I just did not want to pay for the software which is not working
for me.
If you want, I can post the exchange (e-mails). I must be the ignorant
customer, so may be everybody can recognize it.
Quote Reply
Re: [asaminy] Please think before purchasing any service In reply to
No one is saying you are dishonest or ignorant. The fact is under normal conditions, the software operates as intended. But GT cannot guarantee every program will work the same on every installation or is fit for any particular use. This is why they would say the problem is not in the software itself, but in specific configuration of your server and/or requirements.

Perhaps, however, in the future you can first try posting any problems you have with configuring or customizing before resorting to the same outcome. There are many users here that are willing to help.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

Last edited by:

fuzzy logic: Jun 20, 2005, 1:24 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Please think before purchasing any service In reply to
Phillpe,

This is true, that it is not assured that software work in any configuration.
My problem was I sent e-mail in Japanese to 10 people, and four people could not read it including my e-mail clients.

I tried in Many diffrent situation, different servers, asking my friend's help, and I realized that this software does not have proper setting to avoid certain transfer mistake.
I contributed them whole week to fix thir problems... how it is shown in some situations. I also asked a japanese programmer what could be the problem, and told them the programmers idea. They could not fix them.
I did not blame them by then.

I just could not wait anymore because i had an urgent mail to send
to 300 people and it got alreday 10 days delay because of it.
So, I explain the situation and I had to use some other service paying another hundereds. That is why I asked them a refund.
When I asked the refund, they said this might be my server's fault that is whsy we can not return money back. I explained it did not be shown in four diffent severs, and also any other japanese mail were shown in my mail client properly.I sent them screen shots. Only answer I got was " however, it worked in my mail clients." Anyway, I really appriciate that you take time for my concern.