Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

usergroups

Quote Reply
usergroups
There seems to be some problems with usergroups.

a) In "Admin -> Users -> Users -> Search", I tried to search for users in a specific user group. There was an error: You must specify at least one search term.

b) When I create a new usergroup, and add a user simultaneously ("Admin -> Users -> Groups -> Add", the user is not actually added. I can only add a user to a usergroup by doing "Admin -> Users -> Groups -> Add Users".

c) When I try to email all the member of a specific usergroup (by selecting the usergroup in "Admin -> Email -> Mass Mail -> Selected Users"), all users are selected (i.e. also those which are not part of the specific usergroup).

It may by now not be necessary to say that I use version 1.0.0.

Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] usergroups In reply to
In Reply To:
a) In "Admin -> Users -> Users -> Search", I tried to search for users in a specific user group. There was an error: You must specify at least one search term.

This is a known bug and has been fixed for the next release.

In Reply To:
b) When I create a new usergroup, and add a user simultaneously ("Admin -> Users -> Groups -> Add", the user is not actually added. I can only add a user to a usergroup by doing "Admin -> Users -> Groups -> Add Users".

Actually, there's quite a few bugs along these lines Frown. To add to your list, whenever you modify a user, it removes them from all groups they were in. I've given the whole section a throrough examination and fixed all of these bugs.

In Reply To:
c) When I try to email all the member of a specific usergroup (by selecting the usergroup in "Admin -> Email -> Mass Mail -> Selected Users"), all users are selected (i.e. also those which are not part of the specific usergroup).

Internally, this is very closely related to a) and has also been fixed.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com