Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

losing session id

Quote Reply
losing session id
If I login to this forum without cookies, I am logged out if I go directly to a forum category.

To write this post without cookies, I had to go a very circuitous route, because I kept getting logged out - the session id disappeared.

I have not had this problem before with this forum - I think it is a newish bug.

Thank you in advance for fixing it. I hope there will be no session-id bugs in the forum software from Gossamer-Threads.

tora.

Last edited by:

Jack: Apr 6, 2008, 6:55 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [tora] losing session id In reply to
Hi,

The last time I had this problem, it was a cookie issue on my machine. Deleting the cookies (I just deleted all my cookies, which was a but if a PITA - as I had to login again to a lot of other sites I had used the "save login details" features on =)).

That's the only thing I can suggest.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] losing session id In reply to
Thanks, I tried that, but it does not work. Frown

So, what I have done is I logged in

no check mark on "Remember me"
a check mark on "Don't use cookies"

The session ID is OK everywhere except on the names of the forums - there it gets lost.

I think this is a software bug. It's new - worked fine a couple of months ago.
Quote Reply
If you send me admin panel access, a user and password to login as, I can take a quick look at it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] losing session id In reply to
Thanks, but the problem is with this forum (Gossamer-thread's)

Try it.
log out, then login using

• no click on remember me[/li]
  • and check the don't use cookies[/li][/ul]It is possible that if you have used remember me in the past, it still uses cookies even if you tell it not to.

Thanks.
    Quote Reply
    Now I think there were mark-up codes in my post,
    and I used the WYSIWYG editor.
    Quote Reply
    I just tested it out and I don't run into any issues (with or without a previous existing cookie). What browser are you using, and what url are you using to access the forum.

Adrian
    Quote Reply
    I tried to edit the original post in this thread, but the "Edit" option was not available, even though I am the original author.
    Strange,because "Edit" is available on several other posts I started.

Is this a bug in Gossamer-thread's forum?
    Quote Reply
    tora wrote:
    I tried to edit the original post in this thread, but the "Edit" option was not available, even though I am the original author.
    Strange,because "Edit" is available on several other posts I started.

Is this a bug in Gossamer-thread's forum?

You can only edit a post, when there is no answer to this post.
    Imagine someone answers and you are changing the post after that. Would be very confusing...

Matthias

Matthias
    gpaed.de
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Matthias70] losing session id In reply to
    No, that's not how this forum usually works - I can edit the post you just replied to.

Last edited by:

tora: Oct 14, 2007, 1:59 PM
    Quote Reply
    Oh you are right I see it in my post above :-)
    Perhabs there is only a certain time you can edit your posts.
    In glinks I can define the time users can edit their reviews. May be there's the same feature in gforum...

Matthias

Matthias
    gpaed.de
    Quote Reply
    By the way, on your computer, does the box enclosing the "code" go way off your screen on the right? I have noticed it on other posts and wonder whether it is something on my computer only, or is a bug Gossamer-threads needs to fix.

(And another thing, above, on this page, Andy's first reply to me, then my response - on your screen, do they somewhat run together, like my post is squashed up against his?)

Code:
    Here I am creating pretend code that is very very long to make the point that I want to make because the code has to be wider than my screen, that is to say it has to go on and on and on so that it is wider than the screen
    repeating it, to be extra clear: Here I am creating pretend code that is very very long to make the point that I want to make because the code has to be wider than my screen, that is to say it has to go on and on and on so that it is wider than the screen

Last edited by:

tora: Oct 14, 2007, 1:51 PM
    Quote Reply
    Same on my pc. I hope GT will work on the luna forum templates as soon as possible and I hope they release the new forum in the next months.
    Don't want to buy an the old forum version Unsure

Matthias

Matthias
    gpaed.de
    Quote Reply
    Actually,while you were writing this, I changed my post again, adding the bit about Andy and my posts - how does it look for you?

Also by the way, I think Gossamer-threads is great - they always fix things fast.
    Quote Reply
    Interesting, now this last set of exchanges are all squashed, which they were not a moment ago. Maybe there's just one bug causing the chaos.

........Now I edited something else, came back to this, and it is unsquashed. Hmmmm.......

Last edited by:

tora: Oct 14, 2007, 2:02 PM
    Quote Reply
    Re: [brewt] losing session id In reply to
    Hello Brewt,
    I created this thread, but I cannot edit my original post - the "Edit" option does not appear.
    Please delete my "signature", that is, the last two lines which include my full name, my company and the tagline.

Thanks!