Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

login time

Quote Reply
login time
How long is the login cookie saved? It doesn't seem to last very long. I used to be able to go for over a month without having to re-login.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: login time In reply to
Mine has lasted ever since they put the new software in Wink

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I think that's one thing Jason has to work on fixing. Pretty much every session (once or twice a day), I'm having to relogin. But looking at the cookies it sets, it shouldn't expire for another few years (like 10+)... No clue what's going on.

Adrian
Quote Reply
hehe, I logged in once for wwwThreads.

Now I loggin if I haven't clicked for bout 30 minutes. Not to mention disconnecting my connection to the net.

[:(]

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
The forum uses two seperate cookies, a "remember" cookie (only set when you click "Remember Me") and a session cookie - the session cookie lasts as long as your browser stays open, but is invalid if you haven't done anything on the forum for the past hour.

There was a bug that occured when your session cookie has expired, but the browser has not been closed. I've fixed that, and I've also fixed cookies so that they work for the .gossamer-threads.com domain - meaning that they'll work for links to www.gossamer-threads.com/... and gossamer-threads.com/...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Didn't have to log in today .... yahoo ... one less hassel in my life.

thanks!!
[:)]

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile