Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

conversion scripts

Quote Reply
conversion scripts
any possibility of a conversion script for XMB / phpBB / openBB and such ?

might be able to pick up some of the php crowd who refuse vB or might consider going with a board from a great company!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] conversion scripts In reply to
Is there any basic info I can pass on to my database guy so he can generate up some sort of conversion script for my board (discus) when the time comes?

I don't expect Gossamer to generate conversion scripts for every conceivable board out there, so if there are a set of general "do this, don't do that" guidelines for such a script it could come in handy.

My .02 bits
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] conversion scripts In reply to
Take a look at GForum::Import::WWWThreads and such (in GForum/Import/).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] conversion scripts In reply to
In Reply To:
Take a look at GForum::Import::WWWThreads and such (in GForum/Import/).

Does that forum exist any longer? I can't find it!

Regards,

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: [memobug] conversion scripts In reply to
WWWThreads was bought out by UBB, and is now called UBBThreads. The import still works with it as the main change was the name.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] conversion scripts In reply to
Thanks, actually I meant the GForum::Import: section in general. I'd love to be able to use this script to upgrade my YaBB Gold forum, and wanted to see if there was a phpBB conversion or something I could use as an entry point.

I have spent some time converting my forum into phpBB and vBulletin so far. GForum has a great editor that I'd love to be able to use. It's actually fun to edit with it. Unfortunately, losing my members directory and 10,000 messages isn't worth that kind of trade at this point. Unsure.

The price of the software isn't any obstacle at all. The lack of import facilities is the big roadblock!

Regards,

Matt