Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Why can't I get this to work heres what it says

Quote Reply
Why can't I get this to work heres what it says
PROBLEM:
The installer was not able to connect to the database.

RESOLUTION:
Please go back to the SQL Information screen and double check your SQL Username, Password, Database and Hostname.

SERVER RESPONSE:
Access denied for user: 'mikekoke00@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Quote Reply
Re: [mikekoke00] Why can't I get this to work heres what it says In reply to
Hi,

It means the username/password information you entered for your SQL information is not correct. The program was not able to connect to MySQL with what you entered.

Ask your ISP to confirm what you mysql username, password and database name are (it may be different then the one you use to login/ftp with).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Why can't I get this to work heres what it says In reply to
Can you find that out without calling your isp? Can you find it out on the internet?
Quote Reply
Hi,

No, it's your own login and password. The only way you might be able to get it is if you have some other database driven program running on your site. The username/password would be in there.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Why can't I get this to work heres what it says In reply to
Ok i'm just beginning, and I downloaded the evaluation version. So how do i get a SQL username and password anyways. Does it come with your internet service. These may sound like very dumb questions, (and they probably are) but I have no clue how to set it up. Could you e-mail me then we can talk through how to setting this up??

--Thanks
Quote Reply
You need to get in contact with your host, they will tell you all you need to know.