Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

User Icon problem

Quote Reply
User Icon problem
Hi

The users icons is turned on on my newly installed forum..

When the user uploads his/her icon they will get a success message..but the image will not be uploaded..

the uplodaed folder is there: domain/images/forum/users/

the folder is set to 777..

user_icon_max_size is 50000 & user_icon_max 100/60..

any ideas what is causing it? and how to fix it?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] User Icon problem In reply to
Are they selecting "Make Profile Changes" after they've browsed for the file? That's the step that will actually upload the file and associate it with their user ID.

Mmmm, well I think the browse to file bit actually uploads it, but the "Make Profile Changes" is what saves the new configuration.

As it stands now it's not that intuitive. I ended up adding a note in user_profile.basic.html to help my users with this.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Jul 22, 2002, 2:18 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] User Icon problem In reply to
If you look in the directory are there images there? They would be named something like: NNN-user_icon.EXT, where "NNN" is the user_id, and "EXT" is the image extension (gif, jpeg, etc.).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] User Icon problem In reply to
Hi

No no files are being uploaded..

I tried uploading a pic for my profile and got a success message but nothing was uploaded...

The feature is on in the setup, I have enough space on the server.. and I have no idea why this is happening..!!Mad
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory