Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Upgrade error

Quote Reply
Upgrade error
I just upgraded from v1 to v1.1.1 and everything worked fine apart from on the main forum index, where several forums should be listed, it says "Sorry, there are no forums available." The forums are all there in admin and a search from the forum pages displays messages in each forum ok. What's the problem here?

The only thing that seemed a bit odd was, I selected the button to upgrade the forum, on the next page it asked to confirm pathnames and that various defaults would be entered, but there was nothing here except a Next button. So I clicked that and it went straight into unarchiving and upgrading the script, with just a Done to show everything had been set up ok.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Upgrade error In reply to
I had the same problem.

The template of the main page (category_list.html) has actually changed quite a bit, in particular the part that lists the categories and forums.

The best thing is to take the original category_list.html template that comes with version 1.1.1 (instead of your custom template from 1.0) and then make the necessary changes for your site. That's what I did, and it worked well.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Upgrade error In reply to
Well where was the option to overwrite all the existing templates? Or was this a bug in the install?

How do I get the templates for 1.1.1 without going through install.cgi?

Jason
Quote Reply
I restored the modified templates from admin. That did the trick. Pretty confusing for a while though. Thanks for the tip, Ivan.

Jason
Quote Reply
You're welcome.

You probably should also have a look at the "user_profile_email.html" template.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins