Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Reistalling Database

Quote Reply
Reistalling Database
I had a server crash and have migrated everything to a new server. I restored my LinksSQL easily with the BACKUP file. I am now trying to restore my forums. I have no access to gforum.cgi (via the web) so I can't perform a dump. I have shell access and have downloade all my mysql/database_name/gforum_ files.

Here is where I am having trouble. When I upload these files to the new server I get an sql error message 126 = Index file is crashed / Wrong file format. Is this because I have reinstalled the wrong gforum version on the new server? or something else?

Any help would be much appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: [lennie] Reistalling Database In reply to
I have tried vers. 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 and now I get this error message with mysqlman "MySQL said: Incorrect information in file: './database_links/forum_Category.frm" it is like this for all the files after upload.

Help. . .
Quote Reply
Looks like your DB is corrupt. You may need to run "myisamchk" on it (normally its MYD or MYI errors).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

You didn't upload your database files correctly, I'd guess they were transferred in ascii mode via ftp or something similiar.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Reistalling Database In reply to
Thanks Alex and Andy,

It seems that when I downloaded the files from the old server via SSH I had it set to force text download.

So in truth the process is very easy.

My forums are back

Lennie