Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Bug with Private Message Editor

Quote Reply
Bug with Private Message Editor
How to reproduce the bug I found:

Take a old private message. Click on "Reply" button. Click on "Switch to Basic Editor" button, you will get this:

"Home: An error occurred

The message you attempted to access does not exist"

François

Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Bug with Private Message Editor In reply to
I dont think its an editor bug.

When I go to an old message and hit reply I get that error but it is likely to do with something other than the editor.
Quote Reply
I am getting an error with the advanced editor when editing a previously entered post.

No message text shows up and the editor menu items are in a pile on the left side of the editor window. I also see no message text if I select preview in the advanced editor when it is not working properly.

I can switch to basic editor and the text appears and can be edited. This has not been happening when I create a new message.

I downloaded GT forum 1.1.1 this afternoon after the staff posted to get a fresh file. It is a fresh install and I am using IE version 5.50.4134.0100

Curious, I posted this and I get the error on my installation and not the GT installation. First time I have tried editing a post.

Oh yeah, my host is using Perl 5.6
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

vanderen: Jan 13, 2002, 7:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Bug with Private Message Editor In reply to
Vanderen,

For the error you're talking about, see this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=177393.

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jan 13, 2002, 9:08 PM
Quote Reply
Hi I have a user receiving this error message while viewing and trying to send a private message.

The message you attempted to access does not exist

I'm using gt forums version 1.2.3