Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

firefox issue with advanced editor

Quote Reply
firefox issue with advanced editor
When using Moxilla Firefox 0.8 web browser on WinXP the advanced editor has no "Cut, Copy, or Paste" options on right click menu. Also the curser does not show up in the editor text area until you start typing. Not sure if this is a firefox bug or the advanced editor.

IE 6 does not have these issues, but I prefer to use Firefox now, ever since IE 6 let a spyware/trojan install itself on a web page without any dialog warning! Crazy

----------
Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R - PT Cruiser Club - http://www.ptcruiserclub.org

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forum
Quote Reply
Re: [CRUZN8R] firefox issue with advanced editor In reply to
I'm aware of these issues. IE provides a built-in right-click context menu for editable fields, Mozilla et al. do not. Also, Mozilla absolutely does not and refuses to allow any scriptable access to cut/copy/paste controls, citing security concerns - so writing our own context menu, or using the buttons, is not an option.

You _can_ however, use the Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V keymaps for cut, copy, and paste.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] firefox issue with advanced editor In reply to
While I haven't spent much time with Firefox, some of our users are reporting that the Inline Picture thing isn't working in Netscape. I just tried and couldn't use it either.

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] firefox issue with advanced editor In reply to
Is this specific to a particular version of Netscape? I've used predominantly Firefox/Firebird in adding the Mozilla support, so any appropriate versions of Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox/etc. _should_ work properly.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] firefox issue with advanced editor In reply to
It looks like it was a momentary glitch. I'll report if it happens again.

Visit The Guitar Diner