Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

width property error

Quote Reply
width property error
I can't find this posted anywhere yet, so here goes...

This refers to template include_post_common_write.html

With Netscape 4.x the code, reply, quote, u, i, email, and url buttons that appear below the post textarea get all jumbled up.

Netscape 4.x does not support the width property within form fields:
http://www.blooberry.com/.../dimension/width.htm

A workaround is to take out the width property, but then the b, u and i buttons are too narrow in Netscape (they look ok in IE). You can fix this by adding a space to either side of the value in the input tag (ie input=' b '). If you do this don't for get to update the onclick values to match. Apparently GFs tag parser is robust enough that it still recognizes the tags with extra spaces in them.

Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] width property error In reply to
I reported problems with the Buttons in Netscape about three weeks ago...in this forum, I believe.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] width property error In reply to
Mention that the buttons were too small is all I could find. This is a little different. The buttons get scrambled because of the width property. Although the previously mentioned use of bold, italics, and underline, instead of b, i, and u might be a better fix than what I suggested above.

If you want to see what I am talking about open up Netscape 4.7 and reply to or start a new post. Then look at the markup buttons.

cheers,

Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org