Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

mod_perl, again

Quote Reply
mod_perl, again
I have a weird problem with all pages that go through mod_perl (mainly the forum ones). Namely, at the beginning of each page, it prints some number e.g. "35db" or "1000". Also at the end of each page, it prints "0".

The strange thing is, that this is only visible in Netscape (4.79 on Linux), not in any other browsers that I have tested. It also shows up when I want to validate the page through w3c.org

Any clues as to what might cause this? I has to be in the mod_perl setup, since when I switch it of, the numbers dissapear.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] mod_perl, again In reply to
It also happens for Netscape on Windows.

If I fetch the page with a little script, using HTTP::Request, the numbers do not show up...

To see the effects of this, you can point your Netscape browser to http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/forum/.

Thanks for your help.

Ivan
-----

Last edited by:

yogi: May 16, 2002, 3:39 PM
Quote Reply
I don't see anything unusual with NS6.2 on XP
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] mod_perl, again In reply to
I was not precise: it works for NS 6, Mozilla, I only have problems with NS 4 and the HTML validator.....

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
How are you using HTTP::Request so the numbers don't show up? I tested here, and the numbers always show up. I don't have a clue where they are coming from though. =) Are there other mod_perl apps besides Gossamer Forum that are showing the numbers?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] mod_perl, again In reply to
I use the following code:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use LWP::UserAgent;
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;

my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => "http://www.iyengar-yoga.com/forum/gforum.cgi");

my $res = $ua->request($req);

if ($res->is_success) {
print $res->as_string;
}
else {
print "Error: " . $res->status_line;
}
1;
and it doesn't show any numbers before the <!DOCTYPE line. If you come across something, could you let me know? Thanks a lot.

Ivan
-----