Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Post Deletion

Quote Reply
Post Deletion
Why is it that sometimes if you delete a post if leaves a shell and other times it doesn't?

For example...I deleted a post...the last one in a thread and it deleted the whole thing so you couldn't tell it was there....but in another thread it left the shell saying "Post deleted by Paul" ?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Post Deletion In reply to
I noticed this when you deleted your last post in thread 'ActiveX' earlier on today!

- wil
Quote Reply
It's the forum delete settings working properly. It is set up so that when you delete a post that has replies, it only blanks the post, since to delete it any replies to your posts would also have to be deleted. On the other hand, the setting will delete the post if there are no replies since the only thing being deleted is your post.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Post Deletion In reply to
Hmm. Jagerman, very impressive solution.
Yes, this is how logically should work.

But what if a thread is deleted by original poster, and there was not any replies to that?
It is still kept in the thread list like this one: "<post deleted>", "Post deleted by lennie" in LSQL Discussions. Shocked
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=193967

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Apr 29, 2002, 11:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Post Deletion In reply to
I don't think we have the forum permissions set up properly, as this is a per forum option. Forums that have been added recently are correct, but old forums never got updated. I'll look at fixing this. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Post Deletion In reply to
Yeah but thats the thing...it isn't working properly....both posts were at the end of the thread with no replies....one was deleted, one wasn't.
Quote Reply
Were they in the same forum, or different forum? It's a per forum setting, and I don't think it's consisten on our setup, as the feature was added midway.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Post Deletion In reply to
Oh that explains it...yes I think it was a different forum.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 30, 2002, 2:42 AM